Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Dior Au Natural Nude Look Palette-swatch & review



Hey, Everyone.

I've been eyeing this Dior palette for quite some time now and have been hesitant to pick it up. 
With it being around the Holiday's, I said what the heck, I'll treat myself. 
And if you know me, you know I piled on some free gift cards I picked up through Viggle.*
*Haven't heard of Viggle? Click the link and check out my post about it*  


The Dior Au Natural Nude Look Palette is a limited edition palette available at Sephora for $59.

This kit includes a full sized bronzer, three eyesadows, and two lip glosses in neutral shades all wrapped up in Dior's classic cannage style palette. 



The quality of the palette itself is amazing.
 It's also about the size of my hand.




It comes with a large mirror and two make up brushes, which are pretty nice quality as well.



                                    

All of the products excluding the lip glosses are finely milled and feel silky smooth when swatched.


The bronzer is a honey tan with slight shimmer

All the products in this palette are shimmery, but not overpowering. Just enough to get you a sun-kissed glow. 



The glosses were my least favorite item in this palette. 
You have to warm them up by swiping your finger over them a few times. They were not very pigmented, but this is a natural palette which is why they're sheer. 
They were pretty moisturizing and did give me a hint of color and sparkle. 
I mixed the two shades for this swatch.



The look I came up with for the shadows. 




Swatches are without primer.



Overall Thoughts:

I really like the quality of this palette. The packaging is awesome. The products were very easy to work with due to being finely milled. 
They lasted and did not crease the entire day.
It's a great all-in-one palette to take traveling or for those busy on-the-go.
The downsides would be the hefty price tag and lack of matte shades, and the bronzer may not work for everyone.

Have you picked up this palette? Let me know your thoughts. 

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment