Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish- Dolly Swatch


Hey, Everyone!

I got this Buxom lip gloss in the shade Dolly in my Fall Allure Beauty box a little while ago and I thought I'd swatch and review it.

I have not tried out the Buxom glosses before simply because they are meant to be plumping and plumping glosses and I do not get along.
I've tried two before that burned my lips. I think I may be allergic to the plumping ingredient the other two used.

*Julep and Physicians Formula*

So when I received this gloss in my box I was hesitant to use it.

Sephora describes this shade a shimmering muted plum.
I'd say that's pretty accurate. It's a mauvish color with gold reflects in it. 



This is a perfect shade for fall.


I'm an NC20 in MAC for reference.

Okay, I loved it. 
I think they use peppermint as the plumping ingredient and my lips don't mind. Whew. 
It goes on pretty thick and creamy and you'll feel a minty fresh sensation on your lips. Since it is a plumping gloss, the color will adjust to your own shade. 
I find myself reaching for this gloss more than my other glosses that I currently have. 
You can pick this up at stores like Sephora for about $19
I give it a thumbs up.

Have you tried Buxom glosses? What's your favorite shade? Have you had any horror stories with lip plumping glosses? Let me know your thoughts.
XO




No comments:

Post a Comment