Tuesday, October 18, 2011

TheBalm-Balm Shelter-tinted moisturizer review and swatch.

I love tinted moisturizers.
I've tried a few and I must say this one is by far my favorite one yet. 

TheBalm-Balm Shelter tinted moisturizer with SPF 18
2.15fl retails at Sephora for about $25, or if you get lucky like I did, you can get this at TJ Maxx for around $13.

When I found this at TJ Maxx they had a whole stack of these, but only in the shade light. I was hesitant to purchase because this was in the summer and I was pretty tan, but I figured the light would work in the winter. It actually works really well, granted I'm not as tan as I was, but it blends out really well and works great for my NC20-25 skin. 


I use this when I don't feel like using a foundation, and I always set it with my MAC MSF natural for a little more coverage. It has a light non-sticky texture, but it does smell like sunscreen and the smell lingers for quite a while. I happen to like that scent. LOL. It reminds me of summer among other things. *I'll tell ya the story when I'm allowed to mention it-In March, blah* 

Blended out. It leaves your skin looking dewy and fresh. It doesn't leave a heavy tint like my MAC tinted moisturizer does. I love this stuff and now I wish I would have picked up a couple more. haha. 
I give this an A.

What are some of your favorite tinted moisturizers? 

XO

4 comments:

  1. looks nice, great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of sun tan lotion too! haha reminds me of sunny holidays! This sounds great, I love tinted moisturisers but hadn't heard of this brand before! Can't wait to try it!


    http://lovefayexoxo.blogspot.com/

    LoveFaye xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It DOES give your skin a healthy glow. Nice little shimmer to it also. WOW! I use Jergens natural glow, but it doesn't do THIS! HAHAHA Will definitely look for it. Informative review!
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow I really need to get that cream...

    ReplyDelete