Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm review-swatch

I am obsessed with BB creams and tinted moisturizers. I can't stand how heavy foundation feels on my skin. 
There was a moment in my life where I refused to wear foundation so I didn't wear ANYTHING on my face. 
I'm so glad I stumbled upon tinted moisturizers and now BB creams. 

If you're unsure of what a BB cream is, I explain a few posts back when I reviewed Garnier's BB cream. 
They are basically an all in one product for your face. Sunscreen/primer/blemish fighter/moisturizer/foundation the whole nine yards. 



Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm
1.7 oz - $34 at Sephora
This BB cream is made up of 50% water and has advanced water bead technology. Basically, it leaves little water droplets behind as you blend it onto your face. It was really neat. 

I found that this particular cream matched my skin the closest. 
For reference, in MAC, I'm an NC20.
This is the only shade this BB cream comes in, unfortunately.

It leaves behind a dewy finish. 
I use a setting powder afterwards and that helps it not look so dewy, if you don't like that look.
I will say, this BB cream did not leave me feeling greasy at all, unlike the Garnier BB cream (Which wasn't that bad). This one is not as heavy and it was a closer match to my natural skin tone.
It was a little difficult to blend in at first. I felt as though it was sliding around my face a little bit. 
I have combination skin and get a little oily in my T zone and this cream didn't make me feel oily throughout the day. 
I didn't experience any breakouts with this cream either.

Overall, I really like this BB cream and out of the two I've tried so far, I would repurchase this one.

Do you use a BB cream? Have any recommendations? Have you tried Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse? Let me know your thoughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment