Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Julep Daphne, Mila, and Kate swatches


Hey, Everyone!
I've been MIA for a bit.
 After my last post I had wisdom teeth surgery. 
Blah.
I'm pretty much fully recovered, other than some giant holes in my gums. Ick.

Anyways, today I have my July Julep Maven "It girl" swatches.


The infamous Daphne. 
She's had so much hate for not looking up to par with Julep's swatches. I honestly thought the swatches Julep had up were more of a Robin's egg blue rather than a seafoam green.
I actually prefer this actual shade to their swatch, considering the description. 



Daphne- "Fresh seafoam green creme."

Daphne is a much deeper and darker seafoam green.
She applied like a dream and is pretty much a one coater.

Mila- "Charcoal, multi-colored glitter."

Sorry I didn't swatch more than an accent nail.
I try to avoid too much glitter since it's a pain to get off. 
She has small pink/red/green/silver and I want to say some yellow glitter. 
I wouldn't exactly say charcoal, this can be layered over any polish without distorting the shade. 


Kate- "Soft white pearl"
Don't let the description fool you, Kate is very opaque.
When I hear "soft" I'm thinking sheer. 
She is definitely a pearl finish, although it's hard to capture in pictures.
I absolutely love Kate.

I wish you could see the pearl finish.
Kate is beautiful in person.

I also got America in my box, but for some reason I didn't take pictures when I wore her for the 4th of July. What was I thinking? LOL.

Do you like these colors? Did you get a July Maven box?
Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment