Wednesday, August 10, 2011

AUGUST Birch Box

My very first Birch Box came!

Let me begin with explaining a little about Birch Box.
Birch Box is a monthly beauty sampling subscription. It's $10 a month, shipping included. You get 4-5 deluxe luxury samples and a "bonus" gift every month.
It's a pretty cool way of trying out new products without buying a full size. A try before you buy, so-to-speak. You also get reward points and can do reviews on products and points as well. If you like any of the products, Birch Box also sells the full size products for a discounted price. Pretty nifty.

*I pay for my subcription with my own money and am doing a haul/review on my own free will*

This is how the Box looks in your mail box. A pretty pink package.



This is what the Box looks like out of the pink box.

This is what it looks like when it's first open.

All the goodies!

My first sample was-June Jacobs Papaya Purifying Enzyme Masque
This smells so good. I can not wait to try this.

The "extra" for this month was a hair band. It is an elastic hair tie that prevents breakage like traditional hair bands and is supposed to not crease your hair.
I am wearing it right now, so we shall see.

Next up was-Ouidad Climate Control, Heat & Humidity Gel
I have pretty frizzy curly hair that I straighten most of the time. I can't wait to try this and see how it holds up against this crazy frizz.

Next was-The Cool Fix-Gel Lotion for ingrown hairs and razor bumps.
I don't suffer from razor bumps, so my hubby will probably try this one out.

And last, but not least, Smasbox Photo Finish foundation primer.
I think I was the most excited about this since I've been looking into face primers.
I can't wait to try this out.


All the goodies.

Btw-This month Box theme was beauty innovations.

Alot of girls haven't been too happy about the contents of this months box, and from looking into boxes from past months, this box does seem a little lack luster, but all in all for my first box, I am pretty happy.
What do you think? Have you signed up with Birch Box? How does this box compare to past boxes? How have the products worked for you?

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment