Thursday, September 6, 2012

Unreal Candy Review- Peanut Butter Cup


*I'm a Bzzagent and received a coupon for a free unreal candy to try out- I am not required to review this product, but decided to share my thoughts*

Candy! 
Who can resist it. It's unhealthy, but oh so good! 
Unreal is a candy company dedicated to making candy a little healthier.
 The packaging states they have NO Artificials, Hydrogenateds, Corn Syrups, Preservatives, and GMOs.

This particular candy has 3g of fiber, 5g of protein, 115mg of sodium, 12g of fat, 11g of sugar, and 190 calories.

The fiber is good, we could do without the fat, but it IS a candy bar.


The packaging was nice and the candy was not expensive. 
I found mine at Walgreens.



The cups themselves were not individually wrapped like that other well known peanut butter cup. ;)
They were similar is shape and size.


I was skeptical of how a "healthy" candy bar would taste.
I can definitely tell the difference in taste compared to 'the other peanut butter cup' but not in a bad way.
This is made as a milk chocolate, but I can tell there is less milk and more chocolate. It's not as sweet and more of a bitter chocolate. The peanut butter is thicker and more concentrated. 
It leaves an aftertaste of the chocolate, which I wish it didn't do. 
It also has a different texture to it when you eat it.
I didn't think it was horrible, it's something you'll have to get used to though.
I'm on the fence if it's worth it or not.


I gave some to my husband and 3 year old daughter and they both liked it, or should I say loved it, because my daughter tried to confiscate the rest of the candy. LOL. But then again, she'll eat any type of candy just because it's candy. :0P

I also purchased a couple other candies to try out as well and will review them asap. 

Have you tried any Unreal candy? Let me know what you thought.

1 comment:

  1. I've got to give this a try! I'll look for it the next time I shop.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete